Create, manage, and analyze your store's customers
All store Customers can be found by navigating to Customers in the Dashboard. This Customers List View can be searched, sorted, and filtered by multiple attributes. The resulting list can be exported to CSV.
The default Search finds customers based on their Name, Email, or Phone, and supports partial matches when returning search results.
Customers List View
Choosing Advanced allows a partial-match search by Customer Address fields, along with a variety of other search filters.
Under Actions, you can choose to set customers to Active or Inactive, which enables or blocks the customer’s login to their storefront customer account.
Using the tabs at the top of the Customers List view, you can view lists of Customers, Leads, and Open Carts.
- Customers, in the context of this list view, means store users who have completed a purchase.
- Leads are customers who have not yet completed a purchase, but who have entered an email address (and potentially other information such as phone number, shipping address, etc.) and have been registered to the store.
- Open Carts displays a list of the shopping carts that customers have not yet closed - carts not yet submitted via a purchase. Using the Carts API this list can be queried programmatically, for example to allow a third party application or service to import open carts for remarketing purposes.
The Customer Details view is organized to display and offer quick access to all events and information associated to a customer, and organized visually in the Customer Timeline.
From this Customer Details view, select the Actions menu to perform the following:
- Send Password Reset Email - invite the customer to access their storefront account by resetting their password
- Create Ticket - create a new support ticket on behalf of the customer
Open Tickets and Disputes associated to the customer are summarized and linked here.
The Customer card displays key data about the customer:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Total Lifetime Spend
- Total Orders
- Customer Creation Date
Choose Edit to modify the customer's email address, name, phone, language, and add or modify any Tags to the customer's record. Select Subscribe to Marketing Emails when the customer has opted into marketing content from your store.
- Order Number
- Total Amount
- Date Placed
- Order Status
- Fulfillment Status
- Payment Status
The customer's existing or past subscriptions are listed on the Subscriptions card.
- Subscription ID
- Subscription Status
- Subscription Billing Frequency
- Products, quantity and item price
- Subscription Total Amount
- Next Renewal Date
The customer’s Billing and Shipping Addresses can be viewed and edited through the Addresses card. Choose Manage to create a new address, or edit existing addresses for the customer and set defaults for Billing and Shipping
Any emails sent to the customer such as transactional emails can be selected and viewed from the Timeline.
Notes added to a customer's account are displayed on the Timeline. To attach a new note to the customer, choose Add Note. Notes are editable for 5 minutes after they’ve been added.
Add and maintain Tags on customers through the Dashboard or via the Admin API, to allow for custom workflows, segmentation, and filtered search views of customers with specific tags. Tags can be freely created, applied, and removed.
Dashboard Users such as Administrators, Customer Service or Sales Agents have the ability to open new carts for customers, and update existing open carts to assist in the sales process. Within the Cart management features, sales agents can also create a Check Out Link to send to the customer to complete their own checkout from any device. Agent-order attribution is preserved for any Order Complete Link.
From the Customer List View, choose the Open Carts tab to find and open a customer cart.
- Add/Update/Remove Products to update quantities
- Set Schedule for a one-time sale or a recurring subscription
- Add/Remove a Voucher or a Coupon Code to apply discounts to the cart
- Under Cart Actions, choose Create Check Out Link to generate a unique checkout link for the cart, exactly as configured. Use the Check Out Now button to complete the order using the persona of the customer.
- Update and View Source Attribution for the cart to manually add marketing source attribution values to the cart, which carry through to the order.
Users can search products by name or SKU to add them to the open cart. This is useful in assisting customers to build an order that meets conditional criteria of a Dynamic Offer, for example to apply incentive-based discounts based on product quantities or price thresholds.
When managing Open Carts, it may be useful to populate the cart with products, quantities, promo codes, and so forth, then send the customer a checkout link where they can easily complete their order unassisted. Choose the Create Check Out Link to generate a unique Check Out Link, which can be automatically emailed to the customer, or copied and provided directly to the customer via chat or SMS.
The customer simply has to follow the link to the secure checkout and complete their order. When following the link, the customer will automatically be logged into their store account, and any previously saved customer details, such as name, email, and billing and shipping addresses, will be pre-populated along with the contents of the cart.
Choosing Check Out Now opens a new tab to the checkout, allowing agent-assisted order placement, for example in a phone or chat-based order entry process. This unique checkout session carries the persona of the end customer (not the agent), so it will appear that any order was placed by the customer themselves.
Users can update Cart Source Attribution data that will carry over onto the Order when the customer completes their order. This is useful for tracking sales agent commissions, affiliate or sub-affiliate source performance, or other marketing channel attribution and reporting. Source Attribution will automatically carry the Agent attribution field for any orders generated from an Open Cart view.