Comment on page
Manage your orders, payments, and fulfillments from a single view
From the Orders menu, choose "View" or click the order number of any order to enter the Order Details view.
- Product - displays the line item and quantity in the order. If the order is part of a subscription, a subscription icon will appear on the product image, which links to the corresponding Subscription Details View.
- Fulfillment - displays the fulfillment location name, along with the integration / app that handles the fulfillment process (or "Manual" in case of manual fulfillment)
- Price - shows the total price of the order
Orders in Unfulfilled status show an Upcoming Fulfillment badge on the order items card with the estimated time the order is scheduled to be posted to the fulfillment location.
While an order's items are in the Unfulfilled fulfillment status, they can be manually set to On Hold status by choosing Hold Fulfillment. This is useful in cases when an order's fulfillment should be delayed, pending an update of customer information such as clarification on a shipping address.
It's important to note that On Hold orders will not be automatically submitted for fulfillment, so they must be manually released for fulfillment by choosing Release Fulfillment.
To immediately send an Unfulfilled order to the fulfillment location, bypassing the store's configured fulfillment delay, choose Request Fulfillment.
To send a request to the fulfillment location to cancel an order that is already in Processing status, choose Request Cancellation. The fulfillment location will respond by Accepting Cancellation of the item(s), or Rejecting Cancellation if it's too late to stop the shipment.
When an order is already in Processing fulfillment status, it can be manually advanced to Fulfilled status, by choosing Fulfill Items. You will be prompted to (optionally) enter the shipment carrier, tracking number, and send the customer a shipment notification email.
The Payment Summary table provides a breakdown of authorizations, charges, refunds, and disputes related to the order for full payments visibility.
- Payment Method
- Total Tax
- Paid by Customer
- Net Payment
When Editing Orders to add products or additional quantities, the result may be that additional payment is due to be collected from the customer. From the Payment Summary card, choose Collect Payment. You may choose Mark as Paid to record an additional payment that was collected offline or offsite, or choose to collect payment from the customer's stored payment method (bankcard methods only). It's important to note that collecting an additional payment is not required before orders post to fulfillment.
All payment transactions relating to the order are listed on the Transactions card. Choosing View links to the Transactions Detail View, where you may manually process a Capture, Refund, Void, or Create a Dispute relating to a specific payment transaction.
The Timeline is a chronological log of all the events that occurred during the order lifecycle, including all notifications sent to the customer, manual order management events with details, reasons, and the initiating user.
- Add Note - add a custom Note to the timeline. Notes can be edited for 5 minutes after they are first created.
Tags can be added to orders manually, or via the API, to allow for custom segmenting of groups of orders. Tags are available in search views like the Orders List view as a custom filter (choose Filters).
From the More Actions menu in the Order Details View, you can perform several actions:
- View Order Status Page - links to the public URL on your storefront, which the customer can use to view their order details and order status, as well as any shipment status or tracking details (when using a supported integration). Customer can also access an Invoice from this page.
- Archive - allows the manual changing of an order's status from Open to Archived in certain scenarios. See Order Statuses for more detail. For Archived orders the option to Unarchive the order is available, to allow for editing.
- Cancel Order - applies to orders in Unfulfilled status only - opens a window with options to cancel the order, input a Cancellation Reason, and if applicable, process a refund against the order. Select Send Cancel Order Email to Customer to automatically send the Order Canceled Notification email to the customer.