Create customized discounts, incentives, and coupon codes
Offers are customizable, incentive-based discounts. Using Offers, your customers can receive special discounts, use coupon codes, and get volume pricing on items for sale in your store or on your marketing funnels. Offers can also be applied when creating orders over the Admin API.
Using Offers you can create custom pricing and incentives for your customers, and apply rules to restrict their usage to certain scenarios and time frames. Offers are split into two Offer Types:
Offers have a defined Currency, to preserve pricing consistency and account for variations in currency units between various locales.
Offers have Priorities, which govern the order in which they are applied to a customer's cart or order, with the higher priority value taking precedence.
Offers can be Exclusive, meaning they cannot be combined with other Offers.
Offers that are non-Exclusive can be Combined with other Offers.
Navigate to the Offers menu to view a list of all current Offers, or to create a New Offer. This Offers List View displays a summary list of all Offers along with the Offer Type, the Discount Strategy, the Priority, the Availability status, the Currency, and the Uses and Cost of the discounts granted by each offer for its lifetime.
Choose from the following Actions from the menu on each Offer:
- Browse - for Active offers, redirects you to the storefront with an explanation of the path required for a customer to take to qualify for the given offer. This is a useful way to check, in "plain language" how a given Offer is set up, and optionally test it in a shopping session.
- Stats - redirects to the Offer Details view, showing the aggregated usage of the offer, a list of the Orders that used the Offer, and the total cost of any discounts applied.
- Edit - redirects to the Offer Details Edit view, to set up and configure the Offer.
- Delete - to remove the Offer
From the Offers menu, choose New Offer to create a new Offer, or Actions>Edit on an existing Offer to modify it.
Under the Description tab, you can Name the Offer, and enter a Description to explain the customer journey required to take advantage of the offer. For example "Add 3 products to the cart to qualify for 20% off". Later, if you choose to "Browse" an offer from the Offers List View, this Description will be displayed on the storefront.
Set up and define the incentive the customer will receive for applying the offer. For example, you may choose to give the customer a discount off the total amount of their cart, off a certain number of item(s) in their cart, or off the shipping costs of their order.
Specify the Type of incentive from the list of options:
- Discount is a percentage off of the product's value
- Discount is a fixed amount off of the product's value
- Discount is to give the cheapest product for free
- Get the products that meet the condition for a fixed price
- Discount is a fixed amount of the shipping cost
- Get shipping for a fixed price
- Discount is a percentage off of the shipping cost
Enter a corresponding Value (in currency units, or percentage). For example, you may choose Type "Discount is a fixed amount off of the product's value" and a Value of "50.00" - meaning the item in the cart will be discounted by ($)50.
Specify the Max Affected Items to limit the amount of items in the cart that the Offer would apply to.
Apply Only Subscription - Choose this setting to apply the discount only to subscription line items within the range that is in the cart.
Next, set up the Condition under which your Offer will apply to the customer's cart. The Condition lays out the requirements for the customer (for example certain products, or a number of products being added to the cart) to qualify for the Offer incentive.
Specify the Type of condition from the list of options:
- Depends on number of items in cart that are in condition range
- Depends on value of items in cart that are in condition range
- Needs to contain a set number of DISTINCT items from the condition range
Enter the Value that corresponds to the Type chosen above. For example, if you choose "Depends on number of items in cart that are in condition range" and a Value of "3", the Offer would apply to a customer cart once 3 items from the above-selected Product Range were added to the cart.
A Basket Currency must also be specified here.
Apply Only First Order - Choose this setting to apply the discount to only the first order of a subscription line item within the range that is in the cart. This is useful if you want to apply a discount only to the first subscription period (such as a trial period), and revert to the full subscription price for ongoing billing periods.
You may choose to add additional custom conditions:
The final step in setting up an Offer is to define Restrictions. These limit the time frame in which an Offer is available, the usage, and the total discount.
- Start Date & End Date
- Max Cart Applications - The total number of times this offer can be applied to a cart (and order)
- Max User Applications - The number of times a single user can use this offer
- Max Global Applications - The number of times this offer can be used store-wide before it is made unavailable
- Max Discount - When an offer has created a greater discounted amount than this threshold, then the offer becomes unavailable.
Set a Priority for your Offer (required). This governs the order in which multiple Offers can apply to a cart - with the higher priority applying first.
Non-exclusive Offers can be combined to create more complex, or stackable discount logic. Define which Offers should be allowed to act in combination with each other from this setting.
It's useful to remember that combinations work in both directions -- i.e. if "Offer A" includes a combination for "Offer B", then "Offer B" will automatically have "Offer A" listed as a combination.